- Exclusive use of your own plot to plant within the garden guidelines
- Exclusive access to your own produce
- Access to communal resources (e.g. compost, mulch) within monthly individual plot holder limit
- Access to communal produce if attending the minimum number of working bees
- Access to your plot any time of the day
- Can be used by individuals, families or community groups
- Only a limited number of individuals plots available
- Invitation to join our regular community working bee to share skills and knowledge and to gain assistance with your plot.
- Rent of plot is $5 per square foot per six months paid biannually in advance
- Plot fees will be due in July and January each year and will be invoiced along membership fees
- A plot holder is required to be a Garden Member and pay a membership fee
- The plot holder is required to tend to and seasonally plant out the garden bed. If the bed is not up kept on a regular basis the plot holder may risk having their bed reallocated.
- Plots cannot be sub-let to other people or groups
- If no activity after two months the plot will be reallocated (without refunds)
- If extended leave is needed, or exceptional circumstances, please contact the Garden Coordinator to discuss organising cover
- Plot holders provide the garden with a small income and therefore no concessions on membership or plot rental will be offered
- Look after your own plot, but also share your knowledge, tools, seeds etc. and help out with other plot holders
- Keep your garden plot tidy and safe by controlling weeds, removing dead plants and avoiding use of materials that are tattered, broken, unsightly or dangerous
- Plot holders wishing to install or alter watering or irrigation systems are to discuss these with the Garden Coordinator
Interested in becoming a Plot Holder? Please Sign up to become a Garden Member and attend a minimum of three working bees to be considered. Existing Plot Holders will be invoiced biannually for their rental fee.
*Existing Plot Holders will be contacted to ensure they agree to the new terms before renewal of beds.